Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service Water Safety21st of June, 2022
There can be any number of hidden dangers at our open water sites in Lancashire. From water temperature, to steep sides and hidden obstacles. The water may look calm and inviting, but it might not be so willing to let you go.
If you get into trouble in the water, follow these 5 steps:
1. Fight your instinct to swim hard or thrash about
2. Lean back, extend your arms and legs
3. Gently move your arms and legs to help you float
4. Float until you can control your breathing
5. Call for help or swim to safety